What Does it Take to Properly Care for Succulent Plants
How to Take Care of a Succulent
Succulents are a great addition to any patio or Arizona room. You may have returned from a relaxing and delightful vacation carrying an exotic succulent plant that caught your eye. Or perhaps, you have just purchased an array of colorful succulent plants from your favorite online nursery, or local home improvement store. In either case, you will definitely need detailed information about how to take care of a succulent.
Exactly Where Do Succulents Come From?
Many people are curious about the origins of succulents. To give you some perspective about origins, it’s interesting to note that succulents are native to the following diverse locations:
- The European Alps
- South Africa plus
- Central and South America,
On a positive note, exotic succulents are not only delightful plants that are perfect for people without a green thumb. Moreover, these sturdy plants are also known to be very difficult to kill.
Discover Situations That Can Cause Succulents To Die.
It’s a given that succulents need the proper amount of water, the right type of fertilizer and light exposure. Unfortunately, even with proper care, succulents can still attract pests such as spider mites, mealy bugs, aphids, and gnats. Interested in plants that repel bugs? Read this.
That being said, the most practical pest control approach is to carefully develop a systemic schedule of a good fertilizer along with natural pest control treatments. This approach will help you protect and care for your succulents.
The Pest Control Basics For Succulents
- For starters, try to make it a point to be on the lookout for tiny bugs, and any type of white fuzz that is on, or around your succulent plants. The white fuzz can sometimes be rather odd looking, but white fuzz is still the best description.
- Bear in mind, that It is quite important to pay special attention to the growing season for succulents. If there are any other adult family members involved in plant care, it’s a good idea to bring them into the planning stages from the very beginning if it’s at all possible. What’s the popular saying? We recommend this so that everyone is on the same page.
- Any questions about the succulent growing season should be addressed at this stage. Be prepared for the fact that you may have to review these points several times.
- It is very important to address the careful and slow removal of all dead leaves so you don’t run the risk of damaging the healthy succulent leaves.
- Additionally, since bugs don’t really have hiding places in order to live and breed, any type of dead leaves gives them an option to hide.
- What’s more, dead leaf removal is also very helpful in order to prevent the formation of mold.
- As far as selecting any type of succulent plant fertilizers, it’s best to purchase a balanced and very mild fertilizer. This is truly the best approach when purchasing succulent fertilizers in order to help keep your exotic succulents healthy and strong during the growing season.
- When the colorful autumn leaves come to an end, the fall season comes to a close. Make a note that it is definitely not necessary for you to feed your outdoor succulent plants until the end of the cold weather.
Enjoy the Beauty of Nature!